Womans Weekly

Bolton Wanderer

Oct 21, 2012
Horwich
Just been looking at the Womans Weekly pictures and as my old Mum 99 years of age ) used to buy it she liked the stories of Minack, and was really happy when I said I have all the books, so bought her the set up to date at the time and she still reads them to this day.

Linda

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2012
Scotland
minack.info
Hi John, Have nearly managed to collect all the series think have just one left to get and it will be complete...then scanning them in and ensuring the photos are best they can be from the copies in the mags...

Bolton Wanderer

Oct 21, 2012
Horwich
Sorry Linda only just seen your post, Mum had stacks of old mags but has gone into care because of a stroke just short of her 100 birthday, my brother got rid of lots of stuff without telling me including sadly some DT hardback books,

Linda

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2012
Scotland
minack.info
oh what a shame!! never mind... its the same story isnt it when people come to clear things out and have no idea of the meaning behind some of our 'clutter'.... sad but true .... hope she is doing ok... she will be getting her Telegram wont she? :) I would love to live that long

Bolton Wanderer

Oct 21, 2012
Horwich
She is doing well physically, but dementia is getting worse,but she is happy enough,Yes she will be getting telegram all being well,Her sister lived until 98 and my Dad died at 91 so hope I will go on for a bit too. They have a pet cat in Care Home and you can take well behaved dogs in which she loves.My brother and sister in law did most of the clearing cos I was still working and full time carer so loads of stuff had gone before I could get down.She had all sorts of books and other items I wanted to go through in the loft but it's just one of those things,hope all is well for you and Jeff