Xmas is Fast Approaching

Greg

Dec 23, 2012
It is getting closer. But I think we are on top of the organising. No white Xmas here!! :)

Gilly

Feb 3, 2013
Alnwick, Northumberland
I've got all my presents bought and will be writing cards out tonight. I'll probably be putting the tree up on Sunday :D To be honest I still don't FEEL Christmassy yet but I'm sure it'll soon kick in as it gets closer ;)

GillB

Oct 18, 2012
Norwich
Not long to go but like you Gilly its taking me some time to get into a festive spirit! The trimmed tree and sparkly lights are working their magic though!

Linda

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2012
Scotland
minack.info
is it something to do with getting older...and we are no longer children with all the excitement of the season..school closing for a holiday, school plays, outings, going to see Santa in some grotto, making the mince pies with Mum, presents,helping to put the tree up..and the infectious nature of children's enthusiasm for Christmas?
This year its been creeping up and I am getting less and less into the feel of Christmas. I havent even got the tree up yet no done my cards!

Hope it comes soon!! I might miss Christmas elsewise! :)

GillB

Oct 18, 2012
Norwich
Trying to hold onto the spirit of Christmas while there is mayhem all around is becoming harder each year. Panic can set in with the organising where it should be fun as in days gone by. Christmas Eve for me is the magic time looking up at a clear night sky and each year I hold onto that.

Linda

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2012
Scotland
minack.info
well I did get to send a few cards, and I have still to put the tree up!! am off to do it now!!! got the turkey out of freezer..so hope it defrosts ok by tomorrow... but thats it...has to be all finished now..what we havent got...well wont miss it! still went out doling some cp stuff this morning to try and get a old man to be able to pill his cat... have said to ring me if he cant and I will go up and do it ..even if its every day for a couple fo weeks till they both get in the swing of it! :)

Gilly

Feb 3, 2013
Alnwick, Northumberland
I never did get the tree put up :rolleyes: Neil put his back out a couple of days beforehand so couldn't climb the ladder up into the loft and no way could I do it so we didn't bother :eek: Still had a few decorations and cards up but otherwise had a nice quiet one. Went for a walk on Alnmouth beach in the morning before the rain started at 2pm and had a relaxing afternoon and evening with my nose in a book :)

We plan to move house in the spring/early summer so next Christmas I'll have a PROPER Christmas with the big tree up and lots of decorations.

Linda

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2012
Scotland
minack.info
OH! Gilly....now being a curious cat ..where to ???
I love moving house!! I could do it every year!! I love the excitement of a new place, new surroundings, new views and places to explore.